Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time to get Fit & Get to goal weight

Tomorrow morning I am starting this running for beginners thing that burns fat fast that I found on Womans Health Website. Watch me give this up in about 2 weeks like I normally do with everything else lol! Well that aside Im going to try give this a go. There's six weeks for beginners then six weeks for intermediate. I havent found advanced so not sure what I am going to do after the 12 weeks are up. Provided I keep at it for that long.
So here it is:
Weight: 71.3kg (weighed in 9pm Sunday)
Belly Circumfrance: 93cm
Thigh Circumfrance: L: 61cm R: 63cm
Fitness Level: Very Poor 
BMI: 25.72 - This means I am just overweight
GOALS: 65kg & actually fit

Less than 18.5 = underweight
Between 18.5 to 24.9 = healthy weight
Between 25 to 29.9 = overweight
Over 29.9 = obese

I went to Healthy Food Guide to calculate this. So I know I trust it. However the bummer thing is the site says:"If this calculator indicated you have a BMI of over 24.9 it is recommended you take advice from a health professional. You may have an increased risk of developing certain diseases"
Haa so I really should be getting my A into G & loosing weight and getting myself fit. The main reason for all of this is becuase I am sick of puffing on the way to work. Its a 7minute walk for crying out loud, sure I walk uphill but I dont want to puff heading up hill. Other reasons are I think at the age I am, my feet, knees and back notice the weight gain. I would like to stop these things from being hurt too much over the next few years - heaven knows Im clumsy enough - but those things have been hurting lately and I think that loosing weight would help prevent them from hurting more. Other reasons are I dont want a little jutty out belly over the top of pants when Im wearing clothes. I dont like being able to grab my tummy and have two complete handfuls and that not be all my gut so time to sort my shite out. I know its not big. Trust me I know I'm not large, but I would like to get to somewhere I am happy with. Like EVERY girl can sympathize with.
Ok so this is very brave of me but we are coming into summer and hell Im about to be wearing one of these as often as I can down at the beach. So here is my podge so far
 The frontal not shabby looking kinda yuk to me though
And here ladies and gentleman is the small belly I would like to get rid of. Plus its about time this body got some exercise. Hell I need it I am TERRIBLY unfit.
Week One Starting 8-11-10
DAY ONE: Monday

Walk 10 minutes. Next 6 minutes alternate running 1 minute and walking 1 minute. Walk 4 minutes. Stretch.

Im also going to look at Portion sizes again, plus the type of food I eat. I dont get enough variety of fruit and veg. I need to eat salad (not more people actually eat salad I live with a man, its meat, small amount of veg & hot chips).

Annnnyyyyyway this will be interesting. Most interesting if I can stick to it. Which I freaking hope I can - I put it all up here hoping that I would stick to it. Embarass myself then pride myself in the results. Ooo think I should just add into this the 10,000 steps thing for 12 weeks. Haa haa that will probably fail. I really would like a challenge. People to do it with me so that there is motivation for the steps per day, Trying to beat people. But eveyone I have asked has been like "I dont own a perdometer", "You'll do more steps than me easy" or "Yeah sure" but nothing ever eventuates. So Im going it alone.

Sigh wish me luck and maybe I'll look something like this again one day:
Hmm maybe

Arrggghhhh scarey hard work ahead for next 12 weeks. Especially leading up to christmas, my end goal date is 31st Jan - 12 weeks away
WISH ME LUCK!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also starting something similar but not till Wednesday. After having four kids I don't think my stomach will ever be the same again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck you hun. I have no idea what its like to have a stomach after babies but Im guessing that its really hard to get back to being the same. But you can do it! You will do it! :O)

    ReplyDelete