Monday, May 24, 2010

The Stars, The Moon they have all been Blown Out


I am addicted to three songs right at the moment:
Cosmic Love by Florence & The Machine
                                       
Bad Body Double by Imogen Heap
and Heads's Will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Now this Heads will roll song was one that I saw on C4 quite some time ago & was addicted to it but I never caught the name or artist. Then recently C42 came out and they played the song again & I was able to listen to it again YAY

Just thought I would share that with you all. If you havent heard the songs go onto the You Tube clips there, you might like them?! If not you would hopefully enjoy the heads will roll clip. So friday night I went out with work mate Ollie to an old work mates place Keith & played poker - Texas Holdem or whatever its called. It was really fun. I went there cuz Ollie is moving overseas & its last chances to hang out with him for a while. Anyways was out till 4am in the freaking morning because as it turns out I did really well with the game - heh heh I rock lol! Yeah so I was in the last 4 players of the game & could of kept going but I was nodding my head with tiredness at the table to I pretty much just gave up. It was fun though. I burnt my poor matey Paul becuase I dont play Poker with all my close mates who do it once a month, but I leave for another poker group full of people I have never met & play. Sorry Paul I never meant for it to be that way is just went 10 people are begging you to play & offer to pay for you how in the world can you say no.

Saturday I celebrated Noah Mitchell's first birthday. WOW that came round quick. He's so cute. There were heapsa littlies there to go goo goo gah gah over & plenty people to talk to. I was on photographer mode there as Kate had asked me to take photos for the day. The day was enjoyable.

After Noah's 1st went over and visited my cousin Shelley & we had a good few hours chat catch up. So good for the soul talking to that girl. Thanks Shellz was just what I needed. Then that night put up with G & Keir playing ruddy wii till almost 5 in the morning. Mind you Keir crashed at like 3 & I woke up round quarter to 5 to these weird grunting noises in the lounge, I was like what in the world is going on in there? Sounded rather hmm sexual haa haa anyways went into the lounge to find G grunting as he served while playing wii ping pong made me laugh though as it was the oddest sound haa haa. Keir was fast alseep and all was well with the world.

Sunday went out shopping in St Lukes with Nikki. That was fantastic as EVERYWHERE (well almost) was having a sale. So I was able to buy 3 new singlets & 2 cardi type things for $95 when if sale was not on would of cost me $195 - YAY love sales. Nikki got boots and a top she had been after for some time & we both walked away happy lasses. Im all excited as revamping my clothes style is good. I have been wearing the same old shite for far too long.

Ooo news Snow Patrols Gary Lightbody has completed his other bands new album. The band is called Tired Pony & the album The Place We Ran From is due out in the states 12th July - hopefully it wont take too much longer to come to NZ as its great music.
This is the album cover!
Tired Pony consists of: Gary Lightbody, Richard Colburn, Iain Archer, Jacknife Lee, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey & Troy Stewart. Gary is from Snow Patrol, Richard is from Belle & Sebastian, Iain used to be from Snow Patrol & The Reindeer selection but now is solo, Jacknife is a producer/mixer who has worked with mostr of these bands, Peter Buck is from REM, Scott is fromt The Young Fresh Fellows and The Minus 5. I couldnt find anything on Troy. Either way a great mixture of artists from the start.

Well thats all I can think about writing for the time being think I will leave it for now and chat to you again some time soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment