Monday, August 20, 2012

This is me

This Is Me

My head is like a record player,
eyes open, fast speed, loud noises, confusion,
so much to do, in my head already done for the day and back in bed. 
My head is like a record player,
others seem too slow, try to keep patient, 
sometimes feel angry, chest hurts, 
hear buses, cars, people constantly all at once,
eyes wide open, see everything around, trying to take all in.
My head is like a record player,
breakfast, lunch, tea, suppe
r,
kids in bed, house tidy, organised, check, yes,
organ
ised,sit down.
My head is like a record player,
he comes in, talking, laughing, still hear lots of noises. 
My head is like a record player, cuddling in, as I touch his skin. 
My head not hurting as much, 
Can feel my body slow, gentle words, peacefulness, relax,
smell
, touch, warmth, all my sensors high, but brain slowing down. 
My head is like a record player, 
I know he is the one, going to help my head from hurting,
racing, body aching, highly strung, heart healing, always smiling.
My head no longer like a record player!!

By Jennifer Ann Ward Anderson 
A new friend on Facebook & fellow ADDer. I asked her permission to put this up as I can completely relate to this. 

Thought I would put a few things up about how my brain works, moves and reacts. I want to do it so that those close to me can better understand me, and I can better understand myself. Here are a few other things:

The Wonderfulness of Me
If you took all the things that were special about me, 
You could put them all together and call it ADHD.
No better, no worse, just different, that's Me,
I'm really not crazy, please try and see. 
Like a talented wizard in a world full of "Muggles",
It's no wonder all you see is frustration and struggles.

As I daydream and drift, you think there's no one there, 
But nothing could be further from the truth, believe me, I swear. 
I see your impatience as my mind starts to wander
But you don't know the depth of the thoughts that I ponder.
For creative thinkers, get lost in thought,
Which leads to the illusion that they cannot be taught.

I know trying to reach me can give you the blues,
But I wish for just once, you could walk in my shoes.
To see things through my eyes, you would be amazed, 
At the speed and sheer volume my thoughts seem to blaze. 

I'm not lazy or stupid, if only you knew, 
How truly difficult it is to limit myself and think like you do. 
But, I can see things that you will never see,
It's like second nature, because I am me. 
With lightening fast reflexes, I can switch gears,
To be firm and inflexible is the worst of my fears.
I am calm in a crisis and know just what to do, 
For I'm in great company, 
Mozart, Edison and Churchill to name a few

- By Robert Tudisco

To self medicate I am meditating, hoping to take up Tai Chi and I have just learnt from a blog recently that whenever a pestering thought comes into my head, write it down and the more I do it the more the mind learns to be quiet. Might give this a go :O) 

It's hard to convince the world you have ADHD when they believe it's all in your head - well duh! But yes there are many people out there who believe ADHD is not a real thing, yet they believe in Bipolar, OCD, Dyslexia, Tourettes - all because they have visibly different things happening to them than an ADDer. Totally unfair, but completely the truth. Unless you can see it, for the majority people don't believe it. 

Research is hard for ADHD as its all aimed at parents trying to handle their ADHD children. I have come across a couple good books. One is specifically for my condition Inattentive Only ADHD, but it is only available on a Kindle. Lucky I have an iPhone.  For those that are interested find it here 

Anyways I'm done updating Lol! Here pretty pictures:
Robot Bunny
Maori Storm trooper Helmet
Photo taken of me by Lisa Barden

No comments:

Post a Comment