Monday, February 28, 2011

My Weekend Monday

Sooo busy little weekend, Friday night Claire Hills farewell around at her place. She is moving to Europe. Nice to catch up with her before she heads off. Afterwards popped over to Reservoir to have chats with Shell, Diana and Kris which was a good lil wind down for the reaminder of the evening.
Got up early and venture over to Rangitoto Island for a day trip with Alannah. Did the 5min (half hour becuase of my photos) trail to check out all the historic batches. Then took 2 & 1/2 hours to reach the top. We had a yummy picnic lunch at the summit while we cooled down and rested and evenutally ventured back down on the quick path down. This path was very slippery on the gravel, we discovered running shoes are not hiking shoes, but then I guess thats sensible. But we werent the only ones who almost arsed over about 30 times on the way down.
Sat night went round to our mate Katie and Simons for a BBQ, catch up and a relax in their spa. Yay Katie leant me some togs so I could soothe my aching muscles in the spa.

Sunday headed to St Michaels in the City for Noah Charles Harrison's christening. It was lovely. Afterwards had a gathering round at Nick and Lisa's place where were able to catch up with the family and just relax around.

So full on weekend but then plenty of catch ups and relaxing with close friends and family so was great.

Today started a ten thousand steps challenge for the next 12 weeks. I have a few friends who are doing it with me so that I can hopefully get more motivated to make sure I do the 10,000 steps per day. So far today is a success, so hopefully I can keep it up for each day for the rest of the 12 weeks, maybe somewhere in the process I might just get fit and loose a kg or two. That would be a bonus. As I seem to be pretty awful at sticking to any sort of weight loss/diet/exercise plan

Anyways update again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment